Monday, October 19, 2009

Fellowship Principles?
Fellowship Only with the Babtists:
All Others Get the Left Foot of Fellowship



Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Why Are the Chicaneries Raging? Aren't They in Ch...":

I recently had a conversation with my ex-pastor (a conservative and a great guy) about my recent defection to an LCMS church. I moved to Milwaukee for a job and not wanting to spend 6 months visiting WELS churches before I found one that wasn't Whoopee Worship, I used http://www.lutheranliturgy.org/ to find a Confessional church. Found one near my residence, visited and examined their teachings and found them to be in agreement with the Book of Concord. Joined the church. Done.

My ex-pastor was upset and we got into a discussion about fellowship. He told me that the LCMS church I joined cannot be teaching the truth (by definition)because we are in fellowship with the heretical LCMS churches. I mentioned that He too was in fellowship with errorists as long as Jeske and others go uncorrected.

He defended the WELS by saying that there is a difference between errorists and persistent errorists and that since we don't know the WELS errorists’ hearts it's okay to continue in fellowship with them until it becomes obvious that they are persistent. I then invited my ex-pastor to a dinner party with all my old friends who've been led astray by Jeske—I was implying that the level of persistence was obvious but I’m not sure he got it. So I said that He and the rest of the WELS actually are in fellowship with the LCMS anyway because the recognition that Jeske and Time of Grace have received from Missouri. My ex-pastor expressed his anger at the crap going on in the WELS, but he made sure to insist the LCMS's false doctrine, advising me to study the Bible and Confessions regarding Ministry, Divine Call, the definition of Church.

My questions for you: Which of the Synods' doctrines on Fellowship, Church and Ministry is more Lutheran and why? Do you think that there is any practical difference between the two views of Fellowship considering the WELS lack of discipline? Does fellowship between Christian churches exist if there is no physical interaction or exchange of ideas? Do you think it matters what Synod I belong to as long as the church I’m a part of teaches Truth?

Thank you.


***

GJ - My question is, "Who believes their own official doctrine?" That is the basic mark of apostasy. The remnants of the Synodical Conference have been bowing to unionistic CG gurus for decades and watching their Doctrinal Pussycats do the same. That alone goes against their official standards, so what does fellowship mean to them? Nothing. They love fellowship with Fuller Seminary and Willow Creek. As Reu said so well, unionism causes doctrinal indifference and doctrinal indifference causes unionism. No one today would say as much as the old ALC leader Reu. They are all "ohne Reu" - lacking him and without repentance (a pun on Reu - for those of you who graduated from Mequon).

I will write more later. Let me know what your WELS pastor has done about St. Mark, Depere being a member of the Willow Creek Association. Send me a note when the DP is disciplined for his lack of discipline.