Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Invited Schroeder to Church and Chicanery Conference?




Invite WELS Synod President Mark Schroeder.


JR has left a new comment on your post "Ichabod Breaks Ranks With Confessionals To Promote...":

Does anyone know if President Schroeder is planning on attending this conference?

I'd love to see everyone send him an email message asking him to go to the conference.

I wish I could see the look on Ski's face when he started his speech to see our WELS President there in the crowd.

Please, please, please. Someone attend this conference and report back to us on it. I would prefer audio/video evidence if at all possible.

***

GJ - For the sake of diversity, the Chicaneries should invite a Lutheran to speak. The elected leader of the synod would be a good choice, just to confuse the audience!

---

DK has left a new comment on your post "Ichabod Breaks Ranks With Confessionals To Promote...":

If some Confessional WELS member wants to protest the C&C conference I will donate the use of my very large van.

With a little white housepaint (Which I'll provide as well) an enterprising individual could, with a little work, paint a Confessionally Lutheran Message on the side of my van and park it at the Wyndham Hotel--armed with fliers describing how Church and Change is challenging the Efficacy of the Word.

As long as the individual borrowing my van promises not to let my van get towed I could care less what they write on it--as long as it's good theology.

Perhaps TMJ4 News could be notified!!

I think if the person were positive, with the intent of winning people over my giant F250 extended body van would really help separate the sheep from the goats! I live 15 minutes from the conference site!

I'd do it myself, but since I left the WELS for doctrinal reasons, I don't think I'd be the best choice. I'll pay for the printing and assist in handing out fliers though.

Professor: Would you write a one paragraph summary of C&C's disdain for the Efficacy of the Word, suitable for a quarter-sheet flier?

I just know I'm going to get swamped with people taking me up on my offer!

email Dave at
folkright@gmail.com