Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Why Confessional Lutherans Are Giving Up on the Enthusiastic Synodical Conference




Not my PhotoShop - from Mollie Hemmingway, LCMS

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Awww - Ain't That Sweet!":

Attention: to person from St. Marcus

Wow, I'm impressed, could the name withheld be Herr DrEck?

When the Pharisee card gets played, am I supposed to go through someone's idea of an emotional hoop? Sorry whoever your name is, you sold out and got called on it.

Just like the now expired 'Race card', that argument doesn't work anymore.

Just for integrity sake with your new religion why did you not have the decency to remove yourself? Us faithful would like to keep our church pure and keep the heterodox ecumenical schlock outside.

You should have moved on and started your own religion instead of piggy backing on Lutherans and pushing this stuff on us by stealth. The laity never asked for this, it came from the top down.

Lots of folks running around calling themselves Lutheran, the denominational name on the door doesn't mean much anymore and that goes for pastors, too.

Spare me the martyr stuff, I'm not buying, I read the Purpose Driven playbook, too.

I'm not giving an inch on doctrine, that doctrine stuff keeps my salvation helmet chin strap on real tight so when I encounter church growth baloney I can deal with it.
.

cw from Chicago
LCMS in exile

***

GJ - I do not know who this person is, but the comments should resonate with anyone who has encountered the Shrinkers.