Tuesday, December 15, 2009

ELCA Dissenters Waking Up To Reality




Come home to Rome - Purgatory awaits.

This is creepy. A regular email friend sent me this link, which involves an LCA church I used to pass when I walked to high school in Moline:


The website also mentions Trinity, which is the sister church of Salem, where I was confirmed. I heard a missionary at Salem who was part of J. W. Montgomery's book on Lutheran decline. Mrs. Ichabod and I were discussing Trinity today, because a NYC lawyer (once a member there) just sent a Season's Greetings card.

Not surprising to me is the way in which the ELCA is behaving toward dissenters.

I also wonder where all these dissenters were in 1987, when ELCA was formed with the worst possible combination of apostate theologians and leaders, except they got worse with the help of the quota system.