Thursday, January 28, 2010

Luther's Solution






Scott E. Jungen has left a new comment on your post "God's Will Is To Use His Word, The Double-Edged Sw...":

As many of you might know, I am fairly new to this blog. It has helped me "connect the dots" about the WELS' problems. The greatest help for me has been in pointing to places I can look for myself. "Church and Change", go to their website, read and decide for yourself. "Core", go to their website,read and decide for yourself.

WELS folks, I believe Dr.Jackson has "hit the nail on the head" with one sentence. "Luther's approach was to apply the Word and let God do the work". If we are honest with ourselves, has the WELS done this? My answer is "no". Just look over the last thirty years at all the strategies, programs, studies and on and on. What do we have to show for it? A smaller Synod with a huge financial problem. My key word is "we". I believe it's time in the WELS to get back to quietly and without "personal fanfare" preaching God's Word faithfully and let God do the work. Pastor Jeske, are you listening?