Friday, January 8, 2010

Slinging Mud Anonymously






Notice "Dr." Steve Witte and in other places "Dr." Larry Olson.
Witte went to Gordon Conwell for a DMin. He was a Chicanery founder.
Olson went to Fuller for a DMin.
Chicaneries advocate false doctrine.


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "New NPH Stuff from Church and Changer Mark Paustia...":

As a WELS pastor, I have heard Professor Paustian speak and present papers and answer questions on a couple of occasions. I have heard him preach several times. I have read his books.

Believe me, I absolutely detest Church and Change and what they have done to my synod. But Mark Paustian is of a completely "different spirit" than the Church and Change scoundrels. He is a solidly Lutheran and Confessional pastor.

I'm ashamed that what should be a proper stand against false teachers in our synod has turned into a witch hunt that's dragging even good solid pastors through the mud.

***

GJ - Some readers are looking for a little more courage and clarity in the statements of the WELS leaders. If Martin Luther College's staff is so confessional, why are they are not running screaming out the doors when there is another Chicanery conference there, in the name of evangelism or missions?

I respect Paustian for replying and Mike Shottey for his response. It is a bit amusing to having someone yell "witch hunt" anonymousely. Show some fortitude. Are you a man or a mouse?

I will look up the anti-Ichabod blogs (three and counting) to see if there is a parallel comment about "dragging even good solide pastors through the mud." I doubt it.

This strikes me as another GA post, with someone pretending to detest the Chicaneries while being anti-anti-Church Growth.

I remember Joel Gerlach pulling that with a letter to Otten. He knew that WELS had problems, a list "as long as my arm," but Otten was violating the Eighth Commandment by publishing my articles. Gerlach also said he went to Fuller Seminary. He was glad he saw their false doctrine, but he was also the guy who promoted "making disciples" and "disciples making disciples making disciples making disciples."

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Slinging Mud Anonymously":

The anti-anti-CG comment "dragging even good solid pastors through the mud" reminds me of a comment by Ann Coulter. She said that you can tell what the liberals are up to by what they accuse conservatives of.

Anti-anti-CG could be abbreviated anti2-CG for anti- squared.


***

GJ - True enough. The WELS CG defense is - "I am terribly hurt by all your hateful, snide, caustic, legalistic, slander. I do not know why you get such pleasure out of tearing people down and dragging them through the mud. It makes me terribly sad."

They are shocked and saddened by an open debate on doctrine, but they are not shocked and saddened by their professors attending Fuller Seminary, or the seminary president going to Fuller and lying about it. Or their Asia Board guy graduating from Gordon Conwell. Or Parlow with his Denver DMin. Or Kelm with his St. Louis DMin. Or Rich Krause's union DMin. Not one of them can manage a real academic master's degree, but they all want to be known as "Dr"!

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Slinging Mud Anonymously":

Do you think it's possible that people post anonymously because on several occasions you've googled people's names to find a creative way to slander them rather than responding to what they said in their post, GJ? Don't mistake someone protecting his reputation for cowardice.


***

GJ - There is another anonymous accusation, without any factual support - typical of the Chicaneries. I know many laity and pastors who do not share their names because of the vile, dishonest behavior of the Shrinker crowd. They go after faithful laity, too. No one is allowed to dissent from their Reformed doctrine, their unionism, their apostasy.

I hear from people all the time. They are the source of my material. I quote it extensively and the Chicaneries sob like addicts who dropped their last packet down the grating.

Several people do use their real names, whether they agree with me or not. I respect that. There should be more open debate. But I am happy to keep it anonymous if people will discuss doctrine rather than what they imagine is wrong with me. That topic has been explored at length.

I know all about Chicanery concern for reputations - theirs. They tell each other's lies. The funniest is the Fuller alumni group telling everyone else who did NOT go to Fuller - and they know otherwise. Every Chicanery is a "Confessional Lutheran" and "sound, orthodox." Why have they devoted an organization to destroying Lutheran doctrine and practice? And they did it by skimming offering money from WELS - pretty low, even for Chicaneries.

A confessional Lutheran seminary president would not devote his entire career to the Church Growth Movement. Nor would he lie about going to Fuller Seminary. 

For amusement I look up the anonymous websites trying to cope with the influence of my little effort. As Bugs Bunny says, "It is to laugh." Too bad they cannot put their names on their work. Perhaps they are concerned that people would be revolted by their behavior.