Saturday, June 19, 2010

Not Everyone in WELS - Party in the MLC




Scott E. Jungen has left a new comment on your post "WELS Church Lady Dreaming":

Dr. Jackson, I totally agree with what you say about the video. I just wanted to add that on top of it all, it just wasn't very good.

I too realize that the days of "what happens on The Hill stays on The Hill" are loooong gone.

Point of clarification: When you say "MLC is proud of this effort", do you mean students, administrators, or a mixture of both?
Scott

---

Garrett has left a new comment on your post "WELS Church Lady Dreaming":

Well, of course the music is protected, but DMCA cannot remove such a video protected under fair use: one common use being 'Parody'. Not necessarily illegal, but still shamefully copied. Certain CLC and LCMS members (certainly pastors) still give me a funny look when I mention MLC or that I am a WELSian.

I still don't understand where guffaws come from when college students watch. When I sat at the debut, I was facepalming and headdesking the whole nine minutes. I ended with a very concave forehead.

This will probably haunt MLC for a long time. Sin is very, very, attractive. If PinMLC gets taken down, men will either complain loudly enough to get it put back up, or will do it themselves.

***

GJ - When I did some research on Party in the Fire Island Pines, the first issue was whether the owner of the music objected. The owner decided to let that pass, giving their permission after the fact. I question whether MLC sought or received permission after the fact. I do not believe "parody" allows them to steal music and re-broadcast it. The homosexuals in the original knock-off were pleased at being copied by a Wisconsin Lutheran College, but that does not give the college a free pass to steal the music for itself.

Many videos are pulled from blog sites because the blogger does not have permission to use the material, and that includes music remixes. I loved one where two girls lip-synced a mod version of White Christmas. That was yanked for legal reasons. Bing Crosby's estate is tough on copiers.

Quote:
Miley Cyrus' hit song 'Party In The USA' was remade as 'Party In The F.I.P' starring guys dancing on the beach at gay and lesbian resort Fire Island Pines in New York. On Twitter, Miley said she is 'OBSESSED' with this video.

Disney did not seek legal action to have the video removed from YouTube. Creator David Fudge told New York Times: 'I assumed it would be taken down pretty much immediately, particularly because of the music rights issue.'

Disney Channel Worldwide president Rich Ross even called him: Fudge said: 'I was like, who? He just said that he loved it and wanted to tell us that. He was extremely nice.'


To clarify - MLC and the video gays guys are in violation of the law. Stealing is against the law.

Point of clarification: When you say "MLC is proud of this effort", do you mean students, administrators, or a mixture of both?
Scott


If MLC wanted the video gone, it would be as far away as East from West. It would be like the Al Just and William Tabor murders - never happened.

This video and its strange history are examples of WELS Antinomianism. They are lawless on the big issues but legalists about the small ones. Like WLC, they love flaunting their loathing of Lutheran doctrine and worship.

They have protected their apostasy and criminal acts by saying, "You must come to me, hat in hand, and sit down with me and tell me my sins privately." When someone does, they say, "You did it the wrong way. Now I will condemn you to everyone as a reprobate." And they do.

WELSians glory in the lying. They think "All men are liars" (Psalm 116) is a command.

The video reveals a much bigger problem. Its re-publication speaks volumes about what WELS and MLC will allow.

But there are no problems in WELS. I know because nothing happened at any district meeting to indicate difficulties exist. People went to DP Englebrecht to deal with lying, false doctrine, plagiarism, and more in Fox Valley. He did not even show up for the meeting, but sent a letter.

They love that in WELS. They re-elected a man who would be fired from K-Mart for pulling a stunt like that.

God does not need to punish WELS. They vote for their own afflictions.