Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Ad Ichabodem Gambit



You dare question Holy Mother WELS?


I often get email where someone has been blamed for reading Ichabod - Step One. Step Two is the WELS playbook script - raving about everything wrong with me. This rant comes from strangers who have never met me and have never sat down to hold my hand and tell me my sins in private. Matthew 18 and the Eighth Commandment - those passages are for suckers who send their offering money to WELS, thinking it is for spreading the Gospel rather than for settling lawsuits.

The facts do not matter to pathological liars. However, facts are irrelevant. They think a personal attack can obliterate the crimes committed by WELS pastors and leaders. Mrs. Just is still dead. Mrs. Tabor is still dead. Many pastoral mistresses are now second wives. Doctrinal error is taught in the WELS colleges and seminary, the WELS magazine and many congregations. Nothing is done.

Most of the content on this blog comes from WELS members who send me the information, which must be documented various ways. When I present information, I always have the links in the article, or I copy the information verbatim from the Net. The evidence has a way of disappearing immediately.

One person said, "When I give it to you, everyone can read it. If I give it to a pastor, one person reads it."

Many things are background and never shared for various reasons. Some of the worst evils affect the innocent most of all, while the perps remain devoid of all feeling for anyone else but themselves. When people live in opposition to the Word of God, they harden themselves against the Gospel. Eventually their laxity turns to atheism, as it has with two WELS Shrinkers I knew. Doubtless many more have followed their example or will soon emulate their career trajectory.

One time I quoted a newspaper and linked it about Jeske participating in a joint worship service with the Missouri Synod. Immediately a WELS pastor attacked me for lying and making this up, but naturally he sent this accusation to another WELS pastor. I wonder how many! The link was on Ichabod, and the article was copied verbatim. Unlike the anonymous accuser, I looked up various news releases and found one that was a little more detailed. Did he write me and tell me I might be mistaken? No, he jumped on my case, defaming me to another pastor, perhaps thinking an ad Ichabodem would make Mark Jeske a Lutheran instead of a New Age Unionist.

Needless to say, I delighted in recounting this and in marking links clearly so Mequon graduates could find them. The arrows pointing to a link are my way of saying - "Try some integrity for a change."

PS - Nothing has been done about Mark Jeske. Just as I wrote before, discipline in WELS means pounding the person who told the truth.

---

Statistics from Google. It's all about the numbers - right O Shrinkers?

Pageviews yesterday
1,863
Pageviews last month
37,465
Pageviews all time history
52,653