Thursday, August 12, 2010

Suspending the Doctrinal Pussycat in WELS



Place your bets on this happening before Phoenix freezes over.


wistex (http://wistex.myopenid.com/) has left a new comment on your post "Response From Michael Schottey":

From the WELS Constitution, Section 8.20 (c):

"The two district vice presidents with the concurrence of the district circuit pastors may suspend the district president from his office. The president shall have 60 days thereafter to appeal this suspension. If there is no appeal within 60 days, the action shall be final and the officer is removed from office. If he appeals, the appeal will be heard by the District Board of Appeals."

In case you're wondering, the Northern WI District's two VPs are Rev. Joel Zank (pastor.zank@mountoliveappleton.com) and Rev. Mark Gass (redeemertomahawk@verizon.net).

***

GJ - CP John Seifert suggested that I put DP Robert Mueller and VP Paul Kuske up on false doctrine charges. Of course, he would not lift a finger, since the "CPs had to judge the matter."

I thought, "The good old boys have done nothing for decades and the new guy is supposed to do it for them - solo? Sure."

I published the quotations and wrote the articles, signing my name. Absolutely no one wrote in to CN to support the facts, even though I knew the people supplying me with extra documents. They did not have the courage to say, even as "Name Withheld" that the information was accurate, the data far worse than anything published.

Doctrinal Pussycats love pussyfooting around. "Oh please, Your Excellency, Platitudinous Beatitudinous DP, consider the stupid and probably wrong impressions of an idiot like me, but perhaps maybe someone might be making a mistake - correct me if I err."

That might be too bold.