Friday, September 10, 2010

Appreciation






Jukjs2 (http://openid.aol.com/jukjs2) has left a new comment on your post "From a WELS Blog":

I think the reason these CORE people find traditional WELS pastors boring is because they find the Gospel boring. They think the means of grace are boring. The constant repetition of bland praise choruses is boring to me. Sermons that contain nothing but Third Use of Law bore me to tears. Therapeutic "practical' sermons have me looking at my watch and humming eighties pop hits.


---


Scott E. Jungen has left a new comment on your post "Appreciation":

For those of you who think Dr. Jackson and Ichabod are way off-base in their description of WELS and its leadership, read the series of posts under "From a WELS Blog." Notice "gvonseng" and "electricoptimist" do not post their real names.

Notice the tone of their posts, all attacks. Notice the usage of terms like "pharisee". Did someone warn you that's how you would be answered by a CORE member or the WELS leadership? Hmmmm?


Now, contrast Daniel Baker and myself. Notice I use my real name, and I'll assume Mr. Baker does the same. Mr. Baker has done a fine job of expressing his concerns about the CORE. I attempt to do the same, although I am guilty of using a bad pun or two. Notice our lack of childish name-calling and such. The differences are plain to see.

So,"gvongseng" and "electricoptimist" feel free to continue following false teachers and munch popcorn in a theater. Please, leave the WELS to the true Confessional Lutherans who are still around. We would rather be in the throne room of a King.
Scott E. Jungen


---

Daniel Baker has left a new comment on your post "Appreciation":

Mr. Jungen is completely right in his analysis. I've had to turn on the "moderate comments feature" do to some of these people, not because they have content I'm afraid of, but because they are using profane and grotesque insults. It's rather disturbing.



---


Scott E. Jungen has left a new comment on your post "Appreciation":

Daniel,

Thank you. I believe people attacking you is a sign that they cannot refute your arguments, so they turn to name-calling and foul language. Keep up the good work.

Scott E. Jungen