Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Thanks from a Thankless Clergy




When I let people know what the administration is planning, comments come in:
1. Where is the link?
2. Who told you?
3. Prove it.
4. This is how your fable began...
5. Tell us your source (and scare the rest away).

Here is a question from the Miller Analogies Test, where I scored in the stratosphere:

5, 4, 3, 2,

What is the next number?

The WELS answer is, "I don't know, the DP hasn't told me yet."

When enrollment goes down like that, the answer is obvious to everyone except the brain-washed.

But when I provide thousands of quotations about Reformed doctrine, Church Growth, Romanism, Enthusiasm, justification by faith, UOJ - the response is zilch.

Face it, folks. The clergy are lazy repeat-after-me synod drones. They have no interest in pursuing correct doctrine, even if someone has done years of research to pave their way with rose petals.

One pastor is typical. He was being grumpy with me about my criticisms of CG. He demanded a bunch of articles I had published, with quotations. I sent them on a floppy disk. He answered back, "I remembered. You sent them before." What was the chance he actually read them? He might have read enough to become alarmed at the danger to his job.

When I asked one supposedly anti-CG pastor for a citation from his work, he wrote a letter to various officials. He wanted them to know he had nothing to do with anything I published. I was not allowed to quote him. The problem was, I already quoted him before. The only thing that mattered was absolving himself.

The clergy are chickens - same brain power. Some have an IQ, which they use to promote themselves. But like chickens, they make a lot of noise whenever frightened. The chickens are coming home to roost, as they say. All the evasions and chicanery are piling up on their heads.

The laity can read the documents and see they are being led by girly men who cannot take a stand for anything, cannot defend the truths of the Scriptures, cannot do anything beyond their immediate self-interest.

Proof? Read the synodical publications.