Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ELCA Pastor Bruce Foster Has Something To Teach
WELS Pastors Like Jenswold and Lindemann

Pastor Foster
Bruce Foster,
Pastor
This Web site is designed for members of Shepherd of the Bay, new people to the community and visitors to Door County. Exploring its contents, you will be able to learn a great deal about this congregation and its ministry.
For those of you who are not familiar with Shepherd of the Bay, here’s a belief statement of who we are.

***

GJ - ELCA pastor Bruce Foster wrote. It's funny how SP Schroeder got a communication through (not about defamation) and BF sent an immediate email. I have not heard from Jenswold and Lindemann. They are probably polishing their sermons on the Eighth Commandment.

Foster cited the Eighth Commandment when he passed on the defamation from the two WELS pastors named above. I am not sure why he specializes in Ichabod. Most of the time I ignore ELCA, because total apostasy is so predictable.

But he is a shining light to Jenswold and Lindemann. What he says is signed with his name on it. He identified his church, his synod, even his LCMS past. He also discussed what they said in his own peculiar way.

The typical WELS pastor will anonymously attack other clergy (and family members), passing on accusations as fact, even when the speaker does not know the target or any information about him. For example, one WELS pastor in Colorado announced to a member that I did not know any Greek. Let's say I do not know any Greek, even though I majored in Greek and Latin in college, translated a large portion of the NT on my own, and took Greek exegesis at Yale, NT doctoral studies at ND, and Romans in Greek at Mequon.  That pathetic excuse for a pastor did not know me or anything about me, yet he claimed to know facts that were more appropriate for his classmates who ponied their way through classes (using a translation under the desk - sometimes called jimmies for the KJV).

One example was quite amusing and public. A WELS synod VP attacked me in public by name, after I was gone from WELS. He spoke at a pastoral conference and went after me hammer and tong. One pastor went up to him and said, "Too bad Jackson is not here to defend himself." The same synod VP propositioned a young woman in his congregation and got the boot, lying to his family about why he suddenly left the ministry at the peak of his career. Not only that, he lied about the note I wrote in CN, even though the facts were public knowledge. Since then WELS has been even more secretive about its many clergy scandals.

Bruce Foster says I can quote his emails, but only if I quote the entire text. Oh really? When someone sends me a letter or an email, that communication is mine - not his. Bruce should read "I Shot an Arrow into the Air," an edifying little poem most children learn.

Foster denied knowing who Jenswold was when I followed up with him. I expect another long, sarcastic email from him tomorrow. I find it strange he is such buddies with a WELS pastor or two. I wonder how that happened. He is really a cut above both of them, which is not so difficult with Wisconsin clergy.

The real slander-meister in Columbus was District VP Paul Kuske. I am not saying the others were Prince Charming - not at all. But no one got any lower than Kuske. I know that from many remarks passed on from church members and others who heard from DP Mueller's hatchet man.

I never attacked Kuske's daughters, so I do not know why he attacked mine. The Glende blogs are a good example of the continuing influence of Kuske. I have to add - those who listened to Kuske wanted to hang on every poisoned word, just as maggots are attracted to rotting flesh.

Yes, Kuske set up Floyd Luther Stolzenburg as a fake pastor in Columbus, Roger Zehms as another fake pastor. Both men were divorced when they came to Franklin County, Ohio, benighted by its lack of Church Growth insights. The third divorced CG pastor was Marc Schroeder, now LCMS, his second wife the daughter of Professor Johne (Sausage Factory emeritus).

The WELS theory was this. If they could cover me with enough slime, their Church Growth Movement could move ahead full speed, and their adulterous pastors would remain unharmed by the truth.

When WELS was done promoting Stolzenburg as their pastor, the Little Sect on the Prairie took over - led by John Shep and Jay Webber, Thoughts of Faith. (Isn't that an odd name for someone who believes in justification without faith?) Shep joined ELCA after being tossed out of the ELS. Kovaciny did his little bit, too, supporting Floyd and CG with all his might. Jay is the Halle Professor of UOJ at the Intrepid Lutherans blog.

Now the readers have the DNA of WELS factual analysis. I will be sure to announce any written, published apologies from Jenswold, Lindemann, and SP Schroeder.

PS - BF sent me another grumpy email, after all those compliments I gave him. Of course, I cannot see how anyone could be an ELCA pastor - unless he is working hard to take his congregation away from the Lavender Mafia.