Wednesday, December 1, 2010

More Snottiness from the Sanctimonious - Most of the Satire Comes from Anonymous Comments


Concernedlutheran has left a new comment on your post "A Roman Catholic Wrote about the Thanksgiving Serv...":

Thank you for your polite rebuke.

I have another question for you: Is the goal of this blog to bash and tear down the false ideas out there? Or is it to reach out with the Gospel, maybe even to help erring Christians?

I'm just curious. I have yet to see you politely and in true proper Christian love help redirect anyone who was apparently wrong on some matter.

And so I have a request: Would you mind during this Christmas season to refrain from tearing others down, but rather build others up? If you are speaking the truth, please try speaking the truth in love, hm?

***

GJ - The double question is a favorite logical fallacy for those who failed Critical Thinking 101. Is the goal of the anonymous comment producer to provide satire for me to publish, or is it to help an erring soul - me?

Some people write an anonymous comment with OpenID and remove even that identifier, all in a minute or so. When someone routinely uses OpenID, the link will normally say, "This person chooses not to disclose information." However, the second type of comment will not even say say that much. Perhaps that person is erasing the account altogether. I could guess who is doing those, but who cares?

Concerned Lutheran just registered today. Could this be Nick's long-suffering girl-friend, jumping in to bail him out? I am sure we will never know.

The trouble with real people posting is their habits (pot) and bad spelling (most WELS people) become a part of the Internet's vast store of knowledge.

---

LPC has left a new comment on your post "A Roman Catholic Wrote about the Thanksgiving Serv...":

Pr. Greg,

I was just about to go to your sermon broadcast when I read this. I have been needing to hear the Word myself and then I read the testimony of this RC lady.

This post from the lady illustrates my point of what I posted at Extra Nos...

http://extranos.blogspot.com/2010/11/why-we-need-dr-ichabod.html

Thanks for posting the lady's communication with you.

I believe I am not being unfair when I say that those who do not appreciate the humor sometimes found here need to mature in the field of Christian polemics/apologetics. They should stop being childish and man up with proper facts and arguments.

Those who get offended with the style found here will also get offended when they read Luther. The problem is that they do not read him, instead they read the work of Holy Men from their Mother Synod. Hence, they think Ichabod's style is offensive because they have not read Luther who in some of his works followed the same style.

LPC