Thursday, February 24, 2011

Ex-LCMS, Now ELCA, Pastor Bruce Foster Weighs In Again

I added the labels, but this really is an ELCA seminarian blessing the compost bin at a chapel service, Lutheran School of Theology, Chicago.
I owned one of these composters years ago, but I did not bless it at a service!



Dear Dr. Jackson

You have begun a series of intelligence test on your blog, right? I mean moving Transfiguration and Septuagesima Sunday a week early and then waiting for somebody to notice. Clever.

Today your test is this. Who will be the first to catch this silly mistake.

"The love of money is the root of all evil, as Shakespeare said"

Do I win the prize for responding first by noting that the quote is from the Bible (KJV no less) and not Shakespeare?

You are so clever hiding these little tests in your blog. When nobody from WELS catches them, they prove they are the Morons you say they are.

Bruce Foster (not smart enough to catch the first one because I use the evil three year lectionary)

[Various signatures below]
Bruce Foster (yes I know I should hang my head in shame, ELCA and no PhD from Our Lady U.)

Bruce Foster (please don't belittle me for not having a degree from the anti-Christ's best school)

***

GJ - I believer Foster is one person who sent spiteful little messages for the blog when it first started. He is best pals with WELS Pastor Lindemann, the one who refused to answer a certified letter (ditto Jenswold and SP Schroeder). Birds of a feather do flock together.

Foster stopped commenting via the blog when I started using Open ID, but he sent a signed email every so often. As anyone can see, he has much in common with the WELS ministerium (although many Wisconsin pastors are decent human beings and faithful to the Confessions).

Foster's latest effort at sarcasm is illuminating. Yes, I actually moved the date of Septuagesima by mistake. I am not sure why that merits an email. Things must be slow at Lake Woebegone.

I used the Shakespeare blooper on purpose, waiting for one of the WELS Shrinkers to hyper-ventilate. Little did I realize that Foster would jump at his big chance.

In fact, I usually check quotations before I use them. Recently I thought a friend was wrong for citing the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, but he was right and I was not.

Nevertheless, having almost 6,000 posts and dozen books means that fact-checking and typo-finding is a team effort. Many people help out cheerfully. They involve all the synods except ELCA.

Normally a post has about four obvious mistakes in it. I publish it and read it over, correct it, re-publish, until I am satisfied. Some things get missed by everyone, such as a weird spelling of Enthusiasm in a title. Others, like Septualgesiam (sic) are noticed and mentioned. Pastor ___ did not want credit for that one, and he was rather benign in telling me.

Bruce definitely fosters a resentful heart. When I reviewed the recent, dumb book about Otten, he sent a typically bitter email a few hours later. The Missouri civil war is a tender spot for LCMS apostates rewarded by ELCA. The Left loves the unrepentant prodigals they nurture.