Sunday, April 3, 2011

For Good Schadenfreude, Joel Lillo,
First Make Sure of the Schaden



Joel has left a new comment on your post "Forward in Reverse - Making Each New Version Worse...":

The first catechism used by the Synod was the Dresden Catechism--in German, of course. This was followed by the Gausewitz catechism of 1917, written by Pastor Carl Gausewitz, who was the pastor of Grace Lutheran Church of Milwaukee from 1956 to 1927.

Quite an accomplishment, considering that he passed away in 1927. So let me get this straight, he went into the future and then served as a pastor backwards through time. That certainly gives Einsteinian physicists something to think about.

***

GJ - The article was copied verbatim from the infallible WELS server, from an article in FICL (nee The Northwestern Lutheran).

As anyone can see, the title in the body of the post is linked to the source.

How sad, that a graduate of The Sausage Factory--a pastor in Fox Valley WELS--would fail to see the significance of Gausewitz teaching justification by faith while the next guy (David Kuske) embedded UOJ in the innocent minds of WELS catechumens.

As Ichabodians suspect, I was waiting for someone to jump on me like a hobo on a hotdog - for the WELS mistake in dates.

This happened before, when I posted a verbatim article about Jeske preaching or participating at a Missouri Synod installation service. Someone attacked me for making up information because the same information was not in a different news release. I had the news release that I used linked in the post. Did that accuser go to me for a possible correction? No, he accused me me to another person, and that person forwarded the false accusation to me.

Lillo has a sense of humor and he is really quite pleasant, so I am not equating him with that person at all. Someone should do some editing at FICL or their server.

Those who never studied German (most Mequon grads) would like to know the definition of the term above. Schadenfreude is the joy felt from the shame of others. Schaden is the shame part and Freude is the joy part.

Schadenfreude is a good description of WELS, with its gay college video, pointing a finger at ELCA for promoting homosexuality.