Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Lutheran Leaders of WELS Are Gone




Hey we woke up this morning. Ask Mrs Ichabod -  "WHAT DO WE DO NOW?"
 
 
Just thinking about the church year. My Gausewitz catechism even explained the Latin meanings for Lent and Sundays after Easter. So it can be done. We do not have to be dumbed down. I guess what I like is what you have said that the closer to Luther the closer to Scripture. I think lay folks expect their pastors to be Lutheran not Roman or Baptist.
 
I like all the animal pics on Ichabod because it fits with the subject matter and the pictures of past REAL Lutherans like Luther, Chemnitz, andA merican guys like that Krauth guy give their words more meaning because it shows who they were. 
 
It would be nice if we had leaders like any one I just mentioned.
29a

***

GJ - Independent of this comment, I had a long conversation with someone. He asked me to name five WELS pastors I respected. I was thinking. He made it easier and said, "They can be dead."

We agreed on Bading, SP Brenner, Slick Brenner, Hoenecke, Mudslide, and Corky.

Brief history of WELS - After Gausewitz and Hoenecke's deaths, there was the Protestant split, which was very nasty, with Koehler being fired as seminary president.

That made anti-intellectualism the solution in WELS. And they sought mediocrities with no personality to teach at The Sausage Factory. The reasoning was - Augie Pieper and Koehler were both strong personalities, so they needed colorless professors.

Myths are powerful, even if untrue. WELS is in love with its Wauwatosa Myth, which means praising one more form of unionistic Pietism. I see that myth behind the defenestration of Gausewitz' superior catechism and its replacement by the false-teaching Kuske catechism.