Saturday, February 4, 2012

Using Guilt by Association - An Old But Useful Logical Fallacy



Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "Going the Extra Mile in Research - So You Can Enjo...":

The UOJists who falsely accuse me of heresy when I contend for Justification by Faith Alone have blamed you, Pastor Jackson, for poisoning me against their doctrine of UOJ. But it was long before we met that the problems with UOJ were brought to my attention. I was speaking to a Baptist about works righteousness being a part of making a decision for Christ. He laughed and said that it was 'us' Lutherans who teach works righteous through faith since 'we' teach the world is forgiven before faith and we just need to make a decsion to believe it. Wha...wh...? I started to study after that.

***

GJ - They fail to realize that publishing draws the like-minded together. Publishing also attracts opponents, who keep us sharp.

I am glad that the Wisconsin Sect finally bared its fangs with the NNIV. If that did not alert people about the apostate professors at the seminary, then this little blog will not accomplish the task with a few Photoshops. That stable needs to be cleaned. Missouri could not face its problems either, until they blew up in their face - and that was good for them.