Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dropbox versus Google

Dropbox is safer than photographing lightning.


bruce-church (https://bruce-church.myopenid.com/) has left a new comment on your post "LaughQuest Hypocrisy about McCain's Plagiarism":

DropBox is a "cloud" type application of the internet, and Google wants a piece of the "cloud" action:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47174300

Google's long-awaited entry is sure to raise questions about the immediate future of Dropbox, its startup rival in the space. Google intends to drop the digital hammer on Dropbox with cut-rate pricing, too. While Dropbox charges $10 a month for 50 GB, Google intends to sell 100 GB for $4.99 a month.

Drive is also offering consumers 5 GB of free storage — more than twice the 2 GB of free storage offered by Dropbox.

***
"Ma, he's making eyes at me."


GJ - I am a contented user of Dropbox. If you want an invitation to get the free software, drop me (har har) a line at gregjackson1948@qwest.net. Send me the email address you want me to use and I will invite you via their server.

I now have 8.8 gigs of FREE space because I invite people and do other things (take the tour, install on my other computer) to increase the FREE space.

I have used it often. That is how I manage to publish all my books as PDFs for free. The link is on the left for every single one. That uses the public Dropbox function, which does not require the end user to have Dropbox.

I also used it to share photos. The sharing can be public or it can be with a limited group of people, defined by their emails.

My Moline classmate got me to start it. We were in the same chem-physics class in high school. Three of us earned PhDs from that one classroom: one in math, one in rocket science, one in theology.