Monday, May 14, 2012

The Confessions Clear Up Confusion about Justification by Faith



I enjoyed publishing Luther's Sermons, linked in the masthead, so I decided to add more works, especially since page-reads and howls of outrage increased immediately afterwards.

I have just published the entire Apology of the Augsburg Confession on the blog. It is linked in the left column and below Luther's Sermons in the masthead.

There are many reasons to study the Apology closely. Melanchthon wrote it with the blessing of Luther and the Confessors who risked their lives to teach the truth. Chemnitz and Tyndale were students of Luther and Melanchthon, so the next generation of scholars and the English Bible were nurtured by these great theologians.

Doing this work reminded me of how much it was like working in my father's doughnut shop. Much of the work was repetitious, but it also had to be done with perfectionism. Dough moisture and temperature had to be exactly right, so did the frying temperature. I made the dough, made doughnuts, iced them, and waited on impatient customers at the same time. Fortunately, I could eat my mistakes.

I certainly made mistakes this morning, so I am correcting them and adding more graphics. Please send me an email if you spot on, and give the URL where it can be found. Most of the work was copy and paste, which I learned from WELS. The difference is that I copy and paste from orthodox Lutherans (giving credit) instead of plagiarizing Methodists, Baptists, Pentecostals, and atheists.