Monday, May 14, 2012

How To Study the Lutheran Confessions


The best way to study the Lutheran Confessions in the Book of Concord is to pick one small section at a time.

The Apology can be seen as a series of concise, detailed essays. Each part is an essay by itself. 

When I read new material or want to re-learn familiar content, I read it over and over. Often I takes notes on it. Now I am more likely to create a graphic.

Using this link will allow you to look up all the citations within the Apology. Pick a passage, control-f, and put the book of the Bible in the search window.

If readers want to send in their observations, they are welcome. Comments do not always work well for longer posts, because I cannot fix up a comment posted as a comment. Sometimes I block them, edit them, and publish them within the intended post. That also prevents kilcreasing, the removal of comments, a habit of UOJ Enthusiasts like Jack Kilcrease.

Luther waited here, at Coburg, during the Augsburg Diet of 1530.