Monday, May 14, 2012

This Is Why I Do Not Have Time To Play Civ IV.
Or, The Pre-Existence of Tim Glende

Before the Taj Mahal was built, Tim was saved, UOJ-ly.



Anonymous said...
@2138
I think maybe there is just confusion in terms. In your third to last paragraph you say that God looking at unbelievers and seeing them justified doesn't make sense to you. I don't think it makes sense to anyone who talks about UOJ either. That is where the "objective" part comes in. "without respect to individual." Jesus acquired the forgiveness of sins for the whole world. A person only subjectively receives it by faith.

You say you would not call what God did for the world through Jesus justification but I would ask you what better word describes it? As Luther says regarding baptism, "where there is forgiveness of sins there is also life and salvation." To say that Christ won these things for the world but not justification seems to not fully grasp what that forgiveness means.

I think it is important to remember how special it is when the Holy Spirit works faith in someones heart. It is just as important to remember how special it was when Christ made that sacrifice for the world. When was I saved? Two thousand years ago on a hill outside Jerusalem.

***

GJ - I am not sure who posted this nonsense on the fake imitation blog. They do not have the courage of their conviction.

However, I have said repeatedly that WELS teaches universal forgiveness and salvation. The more they trumpet this - in the midst of felony plea bargains by their staff - the better it is for believers. Time to leave the abusive cult. After decades of hemming and spin, the truth comes out, thanks to John Brug's illiterate nephew.

Jon Buchholz denied to my face that WELS teaches universal salvation, yet he wrote that very thing in his convention essay. I pointed out the WELS "evangelism" banner for outside display - I AM SAVED, JUST LIKE YOU.

Apparently that particular effort did not bring the heathen inside by the score. Most people have some training, if only through TV, and they are not that dumb.