Saturday, June 30, 2012

More about Reading Trends on the Blog

Ida and Bethany adored each other.


The favorite posts, since Blogger began their stats, are somewhat interesting, but I like to look at the last week's and the last 24 hours. Every so often a post from several years ago will be among the most popular for that time period.

I am guessing that someone has linked a particular post and shared the URL. I do not get 50 emails at a time, telling me this is why, so I am not sure. I use a Google search now to find my own posts, so I expect others do too. The software tells me what people did to find the page, such as searching on Ichabod and Martin Luther College.

I normally link anything worthwhile within a post, especially since content is removed from the Net, for reasons unknown. That is also why I copy verbatim while linking it, since pastors often immediately erase what they have just published.

Speaking of old posts - now that we have another heat-wave, last year's Photoshop of the St. Louis Arch melting is the most popular for the week.