Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Slovak of Faith - Luther's Sermon - Trinity 5



Some Lutheran pastors are not doing their Luther homework. The first sermon for Trinity 5, paragraph 12 has this phrase - "the Slovak of faith."

I first noticed it when copying it to a new page, so people would see it and study it for the upcoming sermon.

Luther was quite inventive with words, but that phrase did not make sense. My digital original, which I mccained from another website, used "the Slovak of faith." I thought it was probably a scanning error. Many people scan books and then correct the scan for printing.

I looked up my hard copy today and found the original paragraph:

12. If we speak of faith, and are to lean upon God and let him care for us, then they say: Yes, I must believe a long time before a roasted dove flies into my mouth, if I do not labor. Yes, it is true, you must toil, for you are commanded to do so: but let thy God provide for you. Believe and labor, then will not only a dove but a roasted goose fly into your mouth.

I follow Gibbs' rule - "Always watch the watchers."

Those who want to dance on my typos have failed badly because they are too lazy to read a Luther sermon.

I rest my case.

Ski and Glende paid over $500,000 for this stinky old bar.
No! WELS memebers did! - because WELS gave them a grant for this fiasco.
They are remodeling Porky's with a loan from WELS.
It is good that Mark Schroeder took over to restore fiscal sanity.