Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Note from the Curator of the Lutheran Museum.
For UOJ Graduates

Thomas Cole, detail, The Good Shepherd, his last painting 
An art museum normally has a specialized area, such as American or European, modern or Medieval.

I am the curator of the Lutheran museum. The links at the top of the page will take the reader to Luther's Sermons, the Book of Concord, worship materials, my books, Schmid, etc. In the left column are many other links, including hymns and catechisms.

The UOJ fanatics are deeply offended at the scope of my Lutheran museum. They only know one corner of one room, the UOJ collection. Have I neglected their favorite authors? No. Have I failed to quote them extensively? No. Quite the contrary. My collections of their best UOJ quotations have shocked many pastors into realizing that UOJ is a farce.

Like many museums, I have to provide something for everyone. An art museum will have family day, toddler events, movies about art, drop in art rooms, lectures, and more. I provide good hymn music, hilarious Photoshops, and majestic graphics to illustrate sound doctrine.

I would be glad to have some competition, but all I see are endless, gassy debates and plagiarized posts from Roman Catholic propaganda sites.

I am not keen on most modern art or most modern theologians, but a curator has to know Barth to refute Barth, Tillich to refute Tillich, the Church and Change gang to refute their crafts and assaults. Those who know only their little corner of one tiny room are grieved that I have studied what they have never read in depth. They pretend to be Lutherans but do not know Luther. That is like a modern artist who says he can do anything he wants but cannot name the basic colors.


The more we know about a painting and an artist, the more we appreciate it.

That might be true about Lutheran doctrine, too.