Thursday, September 13, 2012

For this life is in the heart by faith, where the flesh is killed, and Christ reigneth with His Holy Spirit....



For this life is in the heart by faith, where the flesh is killed, and Christ reigneth with His Holy Spirit, who now seeth, heareth, speaketh, worketh, suffereth, and doth all other things in Him, although the flesh do resist. To conclude, this is not the life of the flesh, although it be in the flesh: but it is the life of Christ the Son of God, whom the Christian possesseth by faith. Happy is the man who can say with Pau: “I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.” Here we have the true manner of justification, and a perfect example of the assurance of faith.

 Martin Luther, Kregel, Galatians 2:20, p. 92f.

 KJV Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.