Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Intrepid Lutherans, WELS - Fire!

http://www.intrepidlutherans.com/2013/02/what-on-earth-could-cop-possibly-have.html

Some WELS Lutheran pastors and laity formed a discussion blog, only to find out that Church and Changers (led by Parlow, Patterson, Witte, Kelm, Jeske) can do and say anything they want.

In fact, SP Schroeder has consistently rewarded the Church and Changers for their apostasy.

What does that say about Mark Schroeder and Keith Free - that Groeschel-plagiarist Tim Glende got a large gift from WELS members to buy his stinky bar in downtown Appleton, so The CORE could have a home of its own?

The Intrepid Lutherans editorial about WELS hypocrisy, linked here, drew readers immediately when I kelmed it.I have no idea what their numbers are, but few posts on Ichabod get that many page reads in a few hours.

The Stalinistic bureaucracy of WELS has some very clear rules, that apply only to the faithful, never to the kick-over-the-traces apostates. Here they are:


  • The first step in excommunication is writing me a letter or telling me face-to-face what is wrong. Count on it.
  • You must come to me, hat in hand, and beg an audience to tell me where I might have done something wrong. Otherwise, you are violating Matthew 18.
  • You must never rile me by telling the truth. Otherwise, you are violating the Eighth Commandment. Doctrinal errors are not covered by the Eighth Commandment. If you think otherwise, that is a violation of the Eighth Commandment.
  • Whatever I say is covered by the strictest rules of secrecy.
  • Whatever you say can be stretched, distorted, and invented to suit my purposes. You cannot object because of the secrecy rules.
  • You will never get anywhere with me or with us, but we will get even with you for even trying.
  • Clergy adultery is not a sin, unless it involves someone who irritates me. Then it is the worst sin ever. Otherwise, overlooking clergy adultery is an example of our Evangelical sweetness.
  • False doctrine is defined as disagreeing with my or our latest decrees. Milwaukee locutus est, causa finita est. (Milwaukee has spoken: shut up.)
  • All doctrinal discussions are confined to how wonderful and perfect and unique WELS is.