Sunday, May 11, 2014

Eight Who Enjoy Regurgitated Plagiarism from Paul McCain - They Can Always Join St. Peter in Freedom, WELS



  • May 8th, 2014 at 21:47 | #1
    Farewell, Paul, from the blog at least.
    I’ve been a follower from ‘down under’ from the days when it was an e-mail list and I was a seminarian. You’ve been an engaging advocate for confessional Lutheranism in the blogosphere and while I agree with you that blogging is somewhat ephemeral I think you’re under estimating the positive impact your blogging has had.
  • Nils
    May 8th, 2014 at 22:43 | #2
    Dear Paul,
    Thank you for running this blog; it was actually through your postings that I got more involved and interested in Lutheran orthodoxy and theological issues. I’ll be sad to see it go, since you always posted a lot of good information on here, especially with regard to church festivals and Lutheran issues. Perhaps Archive.org’s Wayback machine will keep a version of the page archived there for those of us who wish to access some of the old postings. Nonetheless, sir, thank you for all that you do (and have done).
    YiC
    Nils
  • Anglo-Lutheran
    May 9th, 2014 at 04:51 | #3
    As a former blogger on a smaller scale, I can certainly understand your decision. Nevertheless, I will miss this blog greatly. It has been an aid in my journey from a bland Anglo-American Christianity into robust Lutheran convictions.
    Thanks and God’s blessings!
  • Diane
    May 9th, 2014 at 08:54 | #4
    Dear Pastor McCain,
    I’ve missed your blog over the past months and I’m sorry to read you’re taking it down. I’ve used some of the items you posted in Bible classes and I’ll just mention two of them. The first one is the post that explicitly tells where every phrase of the Apostles’ Creed can be found in Holy Scripture. I’ve used this to counter the false claim ‘the creed isn’t in the Bible’. The other one is your FAQ’s on the BOC-why we have it, etc. That has certainly come in handy over the years. It has helped me articulate why I’m a Lutheran. I memorized the answer to the question ‘Since we have the
    Bible, why do we have the BOC’?
    ‘The Lutheran Confessions are a summary and explanation of the Bible. They are not placed over the Bible. They do not take the place of the Bible. The Book of Concord is how Lutherans are able to say, together, as a church, “This is what we believe. This is what we teach. This is what we confess.” The reason we have the Book of Concord is because of how highly we value correct teaching and preaching of God’s Word.’
    Thank you for giving the Church the wonderful gift of the McCain edition of the BOC.
    In Christ,
    Diane
  • May 9th, 2014 at 09:27 | #5
    Aw, Paul..I’m sorry to read this, you’ve always been there. Blessings, though, on your blog-less life. That last sounds a bit weird, but it sounds as though you have good things planned, godspeed Cyber Brethren
  • May 9th, 2014 at 11:22 | #6
    I don’t know if you will get a chance to read this, but just the same I wanted to wish you all the best in the future. As they say in my wife’s home country of Tanzania: Mungu ibariki kazi za mikono yako (May God bless the works of your hands)!
  • Pastor Michael Harman
    May 9th, 2014 at 11:59 | #7
    I have enjoyed your blogs, your alerts to good deals at CPH, and all the rest. Hmm. I didn’t get the decoder ring, either. Wonder why. May God bless you in all your future endeavors.
  • Julia
    May 9th, 2014 at 17:30 | #8
    Pastor
    Thank you for posting this blog. I was new to the Lutheran Church and your posts were of
    great help to me. I read some of the books you suggested and especially Grace upon Grace by pastor Kleinig and his website with the lectures. I am very greatful.
    Thank you!
    Julia
  • - See more at: http://cyberbrethren.com/2014/05/08/farewell-in-the-lord/#comments