Saturday, August 16, 2014

Past the Tipping Point


I wonder how often people sing the Huss hymn quoted above. The melody is unusually beautiful. When people sing it, they should think of Huss burned at the stake to preserve the truth in the face of corruption. His own clergy condemned and killed him.

Below is the Huss monument in Prague, which was a symbol of freedom during Communism's reign in Czechoslovakia.



People have contacted me recently. Some have new information. Others wonder what is happening in Lutherdom.

When someone posted one of my graphics on Facebook, the demons from WELS Hell began screaming in pain. One person initially asked what my Bethel Bible style picture meant. That was an opportunity for a new series of personal attacks from WELS. That is how they responded when Corky K. criticized Church Growth, when their former seminary president objected to NWC closing. In other words, they use standard slander campaigns which do not spare their own leaders who depart from the Fuller agenda. The trained seals still bark in unison at any threat, as they were trained to do throughout the schooling system.

I was happy to jump in and answer them. Various WELS people have told me about their eyes being opened by this blog. I could add details, but I will leave it at that. I see many indications that the sect has passed the tipping point and will be taking on a new identity, not unlike ELCA and The Episcopalian denominations, which seemed immune to the abuse until they fell apart.

Here are some of the recent WELS reactions, which tell me how badly the Jeske tribe is hurting. They are just like the bullies who sob and run home to mommy when their victims finally stand up to them. I lost track of the drunken tirades emailed to me or phoned in. "Where do you get all your information?" one screamed. I said, "From your own pastors." He howled in rage and slammed the phone down - back before cell phones.

No one reads Ichabod. Yesterday, there were 4,100 views - a new definition of "no one." Live by metrics, die by metrics, WELS Shrinkers. The total views are well past 3 million. If the blog did not matter, as these apostates pray, then the name Ichabod would never come up.
These are just old articles copied from the Net. The all-time list has a Churchmouse article, the Chesterton donkey poem, and a news story about Catholics. But that is one goal, to make people aware of news and other bloggers. The other seven are mine - so where does this fantasy come from (posted in Polluted, anonymousely, of course)?
I make up everything and list no sources. When I received a spreadsheet from WELS headquarters, I did not name my source or copy and paste the Excel tables. I used the material as background, many years ago. As readers know, I copy and paste what I find from bragging websites and link them. I do both because those pages disappear as soon as I quote them. That is how many things from

  • Issues in WELS
  • Cyberbrethren,
  • Rogue Lutheran,
  • SpenerQuest,
  • Church and Change
  • The CORE
  • Facebook discussions,
  • St. Peter in Freedom
  • and other sites 

came to be preserved. My idea is - read the documents for yourselves. Make up your own mind.

The rote recitals of the same talking points tell me that these people are parroting what their handlers tell them to think and say. They have read almost nothing, perhaps just enough to build a head of steam. As the Earl of Oxford wrote, "A little pot is soon hot."

Why does Jeff Schone at Martin Luther College know what is on Ichabod? He reads it to find leakers and anyone daring to post a comment. Why do MLC officials hide the list of speakers for their Evangelism Day (Church and Change promotion)? One of their female ministers got dis-invited when her name came out. Don't worry, she will be preaching from the pulpit soon enough.

Nothing changes. Mark-and-Avoid Jeske mistakenly published his preening, bragging websty early - promoting his latest pan-religious venture, which runs the gamut from A to B: Napoleon Hill and metrics. No reaction? District President Jon Buchholz bailed out of the Jeske Mystical Experience immediately, explaining his sudden change of heart to various people who inquired about his state of mind. Is there any character left in his dry, dusty soul? Someone said Buchholz is so hated in his district that a little push from Schroeder would have given them a new, awful DP - possibly even worse than the last two or three. They have a deep bench out there. I laughed at the thought of wolves becoming disloyal to one another.

You are a fanatic about UOJ. I am sick and tired of both sides. Isn't that amusing. A soi-disant believer is nauseated and disgusted by doctrinal discussion! At least they reveal there are two sides instead of saying there really is agreement, a harmony destroyed by the evil Justification by Faith people. The avoidance of the Real Issue continues to amaze me. They write endlessly about worship trivial without addressing the fact that self-described experts like Jay Webber oppose the Gospel. There is no other way to put it. As long as people continue to avoid Justification by Faith as the Chief Article, I will lay that cross on their trembling, weak, shirking, and lazy shoulders.

Your disciples. Your lapdogs. I welcome the insults aimed at me. They are a litmus paper disclosing the caustic nature of the writers. The pious of WELS deny I am a pastor, a Lutheran, a worthwhile person. They say they will crawl through the mud (or through various pubs) to teach the Gospel, perhaps to collect mud to throw at people who alarm them. But - be warned. You Wormtongues are antagonizing your potential allies by denying them intelligence, spiritual discernment, and the ability to think on their own. That is not very persuasive. These alleged disciples see the wreckage caused by the Jeske-Valleskey faction and find no growth, no fruit, no blessings. They may read even more Luther, Melanchthon, and Chemnitz from this point on.

Here is a Martin Luther College student,
consoled by Holy Mother Sect
and a nice, new car from mom and pop.