Saturday, October 4, 2014

Take the Miller Analogies Test

Here is one test question: 0, 1, 2, 3...
What is the next number of female executives in Luther-Episcopaldom?

Robin Steinke will be installed as the first...female...president of Luther Seminary.
October 12th.
Liz Eaton will preach as the first female ELCA Presiding Bishop.
The Miller Analogies Test is used to measure IQ, so I imagine Lutherans have a very low IQ overall. They do not see the next step coming.

Here is one question. Fill in the next number - 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13

The answers are:
15
17
19
9

If you marked 17, you are right. These are prime numbers, not just odd numbers.

Each next number or step seems to take Lutherans by surprise. They adjust to the new normal and find themselves shocked again with the latest development.

I used to read The Lutheran magazine cover to cover, and my mother kept all of them in order. I was friends with two editors in a row, and they published my articles. When we cut the magazines up into albums to show what had been happening, before I left the LCA, my wife and I were both shocked. We read the individual articles, but putting them into categories revealed all the trends.

As Mrs. I said, "I kept hoping that it was better than that. It was worse."

Left unpublished was the extent of LCMS-WELS involvedment with the LCA/ALC/ELCA.


An atheist played the witch in Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe.
Atheists play the role of synod leaders today.