|Not unanimous at all - Justification by Faith:|
The Gausewitz Catechism
The LCMS KJV Catechism.
The Missouri 1905 German Catechism.
|Spener founded Pietism, promoting cell groups|
and unionistic cooperation with the Calvinists.
|Rambach supports Walther, Webber, and Buchholz.|
- Webber quoted him favorably on Objective Justification.
- The first baptism hymn in The Lutheran Hymnal is Rambach’s.
- Rambach was a loyal Halle Pietist.
- Rambach gives us a definite data-point on UOJ being taught at the central school for all Lutherans in North America.
- Rambach taught – “In His Person all mankind was justified and absolved from sin and curse.
1. Pastor Papenfuss began teaching UOJ, and the two families were alarmed by his claims.
2. Papenfuss gave them J. P. Meyer's Ministers of Christ to study. That made the families even more alarmed. The same book is in print today with the same outrageous statements.
3. The families wrote down the three most offensive statements from J. P. Meyer and asked if that was WELS teaching. They also added the fourth, which was from an old discussion on this, one between the Swedes (justification by faith) and the Norwegians (UOJ). Papenfuss agreed to the fourth statement being added.
4. Eventually the families received separate letters, each one listing the four statements and telling them that they were being kicked out of the congregation for NOT believing those statements. Not believing in Unbelief Justification is an excommunication offense in WELS. The irony is endless.