Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The UOJ Stormtroopers Continue To Battle Against the Reformation.
LCMS Pastor George Borghardt Gets Testy about His Deceptions




George Borghardt Paul,

Christ died for all -- even those who don't believe in Him. We're going to disagree on this and I'm not gonna back down on the Gospel.

This is how important the FOR ALL is, Paul! If Christ died for all, He even died for me. He is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. That means He's the Lamb of God that takes away my sins!

This Gospel delivers the Holy Spirit who works faith where and when He pleases in those who hear the Gospel. That's "for me." I'm at the receiving end of His gift giving. As a pastor, I'm the delivery guy for His gifts (instrumentum secundum).

Or as the Catechism puts it, "faith trusts the Word of God in the water". Faith, which is born of the gifts, saves.

I'm not gonna back down from the Gospel. To do so would rob trouble consciences of their comfort.

I also am not naive enough to think that you, having been begged by your former synod to repent of your teaching, is going to suddenly believe what I've just written. So, let's be clear: you speak as one who wants to teach, but you have been kicked outta WELS for teaching what you taught and have found your way to a micro-synod to be a pastor. I wrote this post for those who are on this wall.

I'd appreciate that you respect that we disagree on this as pastors and take your hobby horse topic from my wall. If you are going to condemn Higher Things for the Gospel, we'll be okay with that. Your condemnation is actually evidence that we are teaching the truth.

Pax Domini,

LikeReply154 minsEdited
Paul Rydecki George. Please. Stop. Lying. Christ died for all, even those who don't believe in Him. Yes, He did. Of course He did. I agree that He did. Stop saying I and my diocese disagree with this, when clearly we do not. You have obviously never read a single thing we've written or said on the subject. Just stop lying. It's the language of the devil.
LikeReply53 minsEdited
George Borghardt Paul Rydecki Riiiiight, you reject "Objective Justification..." Which is what I said... I've been gracious to you. Next post really does get you blocked and blocked from the Higher Things wall.

I got no beef with ELDONA. I got a beef with you coming to trouble folks' consciences. Have a good day

LikeReply50 minsEdited
Paul Rydecki You're the one who attacked our diocese on your page by saying patently untrue things about our doctrine. I did not comment until you did so.

"Objective Justification," according to your own synod's founding fathers, does not mean that "Christ died for all." It means that, as a result of Christ dying for all, God declared all people righteous in His sight, whether or not they believe in Jesus. That is your synod's doctrine. Stop trying to spin it into "Christ died for all." Our diocese publicly and gladly teaches that Christ died for all. We deny that God thus imputed the righteousness of Christ to all people and justified them. We deny that, because the Scripture denies that.

---

One layman sent this email

Pastor,

Your latest post on Ichabod is fascinating on several levels, but perhaps Super Cool Pastor Georgy should "Dare to be Lutheran" by reading Luther himself:

We treat of the forgiveness of sins in two ways.  First, how it is achieved and won.  Second, how it is distributed and given to us.  Christ has achieved in on the cross, it is true.  But He has not distributed or given in on the cross.  He has not won it in the Supper or Sacrament.  There He has distributed and given it through the Word, as also in the Gospel, where it is preached.  He has won it once for all on the cross.  But the distribution takes place continuously, before and after, from the beginning to the end of the world...If now I seek the forgiveness of sins, I do not run to the cross, for I will not find it given there.  Nor must I hold to the suffering of Christ, as Dr. Carlstadt trifles, in knowledge or remembrance, for I will not find it there either.  But I will find in the Sacrament or Gospel the Word which distributes, presents, offers, and gives to me that forgiveness which was won on the cross.

Against the Heavenly Prophets in the Matter of Images and Sacraments (1525)

Looking forward to joining you for Lenten Vespers at 7 o'clock.