|The closer you look,|
the worse they look.
Guidestar.org and some other sites publish how non-profit and foundation money is spent. From time to time I look for updates. At the moment, Concordia Publishing House is very lax or late, with figures from 2012 being the latest. The princely salaries of Paul McCain and his boss are listed for CPH, but 2012 is a bit dated, dontcha think?
Christian News is the most up-to-date, and it is also the funniest. At the end is a handwritten note about people coming in to see the figures, expecting them to be published, as they have been in the past. The figures are not shocking and good for 2014, which is commendable.
The Schwan Foundation is in-between with 2013 figures. Cprrection - not long ago that was true. Now they have their 2014 Form 990 posted.
- Search Schwan Foundation.
- Pick the Missouri location.
- Click on the title. Then click on the Form 990 link. That is the form filled out by non-profits for the IRS.
- Thrivent has a pile of reports - all very shocking if time is taken to see where the money goes. There are various funds in various states for Thrivent. My favorite idiotic gift was $5,000 to the Minneapolis Orchestra. But if you are dumb enough to fund Thrivent, why not?
|This peacock (on the left) gets a salary and plush benefits|
for teaching against Biblical, Lutheran doctrine.
I teach their dogmas for free - and then refute them - gladly.
- $2,560,000 - Bethany Lutheran College
- $500,000 - Little Sect on the Prairie
- $150,000 - Lutheran Laymen's League (I thought they died.)
- $2,100,000 - LCMS.
- $0,815,000 - WELS
- $2,110,000 - WELS again.
- $3,800,000 - Wisconsin Lutheran College - they did name a library after St. Marvin.
- $0,460,000 - Missions Advance
|The Walther precedent.|
Let's not forget the jeweled chalice they stole from Stephan
and used for Holy Communion.
Cops call things like that "trophies" the robbers love to look at.