Can anyone imagine WELS publishing something by me
in their precious Essay File?
But they have no trouble publishing four essays by a
confessed atheist - or "free thinker."
- Curtis A. Peterson is a member of the Freedom From Religion Foundation. He was a Missouri Synod pastor and appreciated Ralph Bohlmann for introducing Church Growth into the synod.
- He joined WELS and immediately became a national board member with Valleskey on the same board. No surprise - Valleskey was also a big fan of Church Growth, which he compared to taking the gold and jewels from the Egyptians. But the Israelites were going into freedom, not Freedom From Religion.
- Peterson has been an atheist for years and brags about his former years in "conservative" synods and "evangelism."
- WELS still promotes his essays in their Holy of Holies - The Essay File.
- Curtis A. Peterson holds a B.A. from Concordia Senior College, Ft. Wayne, Indiana, and a M.Div and STM (l966 and l983 respectively) from Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, Missouri.
In almost 30 years in the ministry in both the Missouri and Wisconsin Synods, he was an activist with many published articles supporting the orthodox Lutheran cause in the "Battle for the Bible" in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, and author of several articles in the Wisconsin Synod between l987 and l995. He also delivered several essays at pastoral conferences during those years.
He served congregations in Burlington, N.C., Rock Falls, Ill., Garland, Tex. and Gretna, La., in the LCMS and in Milwaukee, Wis. in the WELS.
A Foundation member, he is now retired, resides in Wisconsin and calls himself a humanist and a freethinker.
Freedom From Religion Foundation