Yesterday I heard from my favorite gardening gurus at the same time. The three are:
- Jessica Walliser - Attracting Beneficial Bugs to Your Garden
- Jeff Lowenfels - Teaming with Microbes - Soil
- Sharon Lovejoy - A Blessing of Toads - The Big Picture
- Do not plant among maple tree roots.
- Do not make roses compete with greedy maple roots.
- Do not plant roses where there is more shade.
- Do not even think about digging under a maple.
- Look for weed patches.
- Cover them with cardboard or newspaper.
- Hold down the shade layer with shredded cyprus mulch - or water jugs in the back.
|Helianthus is a permanent sunflower plant,|
which I want, because the squirrels eat every sunflower seed I plant.