|The ELCiC bishop for CLC-WELS-ELCA Pastor Horst W. Gutsche|
is Susan Johnson.
I posted this article about the upcoming mergers of previously merged mainline seminaries, such as
- Andover-Newton going to Yale Divinity.
- Philadelphia ELCA and Gettysburg ELCA joining to cut expenses, 64 years after promising to do so.
- Episcopal Seminary at Harvard closing.
- Episcopal fragment at Trinity ELCA Seminary packing up: four faculty, 16 students (but bigger by far than Bethany ELS Seminary).
|Thrivent is the enabler -|
isn't that Mark and Avoid Jeske in the back?
|Mark Jeske, Thrivent, ELCA and women pastors -|
always together, working harder than Japanese beetles.
- Entertainment means passive services where the members or seekers sit and listen.
- Pipe organs are ripped out in favor of chintzy, no-talent rock bands.
- Real sermons, the liturgy, Creeds, hymns, and the Sacraments are banned on Sunday.
- The male, female and undecided clergy steal their pep talks from each other and from motivational gurus.
- The message is - "We know you are self-centered hedonists, just like us, so we will cynically cater to the Old Adam and enrich ourselves."
- Suddenly everyone has to have bar ministry or a Bible study at a bar, something CLC Pastor Dave Koenig did 20 years ago.
- This approach is marketed as "mission" and "reaching people by any means possible" but it is crass commercialism sanctified by appeals to emotion and the flesh.
|The only out ELCA bishop is Guy Ervin,|
who was rushed into ordination and his election.
He is married, pictured, but without issue.
|Bishop Gene Robinson helped accelerate the rapid destruction of his|
Episcopal denomination, by leaving his wife, marrying his partner,
divorcing his partner, and playing the victim all the while.
|Conservative Lutheran pastors think|
ELCA's Nadia Bolz-Webber is cool.