Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Two Blogs from Six Years Ago



I started two blogs for fun, six years ago. A list of email addresses reminded me they still existed.

The Timid Lutherans - Some may detect this as satire, but the humorless advocates of UOJ, booze, and entertainment seeker services do not much discernment.

The WELS Potato - The name was inspired by a WELS pastor who compared WELS to America's favorite vegetable:

  • Thin-skinned.
  • Full of eyes but blind.
  • Half-baked.



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Timid Lutherans Take the Pledge


"I am not taking the hit for your issues, you troublemaker."

Already some people sent in the names they want me to list. They added their own comments too.

Joe - "Sign me up. I am sick and tired of people rocking the boat."

Sally - "Debate makes me upset, so I am 100% for what you are doing."

Cedric - "I know all the DPs are on your side. The Holy Spirit picked them and He knows what He is doing."

Bill - "I used to read independent publications and websites, but they got me thinking all the time. I like your approach. I am sticking to synod publications only."

Gertie - "I am so thankful you started this blog. I want to be with it and say I read blogs, but the blogs have all kinds of links that take me here and there. Pretty soon I start to doubt the circuit pastor, and I am his wife. This helps."

Don - "Pure gold."

Lawrence - "From your PC to God's ear, my dear friend."

Mom - "Why don't you write to me, your own mother? I put you through college, seminary, detox, and several 12-step programs. I darned some socks for you. I will phone you. Please pick up this time. Love you to death."

 I lost control and burst out weeping:
big, heaving bouts of uncontrolled laughter.
A stole with an academic gown?
No worse, doctoral stripes for a drive-by DMin
from Fuller Seminary.