|WELS has followed the example of Schuller and Cho,|
with similar results.
Cho's books were sold at one WELS training event -
out of a carton of them brought by one of the leaders!
The biggest megachurch on Earth is facing a ‘crisis of evangelism’:
"In 2014, Cho was convicted of embezzling $12 million in church funds. He was given a suspended sentence, but Cho’s son went to jail. Other Protestant leaders have been caught up in sensational scandals too, and as a result, people’s attitudes toward Christian evangelicals have soured.
“The general public in Korean society, they do not trust Christians anymore,” says Jung-Jun Kim, a senior pastor at a small evangelical church in Seoul. "
'via Blog this'
Christianity Today on Cho's Conviction
|Harrison and his UOJ buddy managed to|
make cheeseheads look bad.
GJ - A little history follows. Robert Schuller correctly calls himself the founder of the Church Growth - really Shrinkage - Movement. He was a short distance from Fuller Seminary, which hired McGavran shortly after they repudiated their mild support of inerrancy.
McGavran and C. Peter Wagner provided the academic salesmanship and Schuller the example of Protestant apostasy. Missouri and WELS - decades later - remain transfixed by the idiotic methods of Schuller, Cho, and Fuller Seminary:
- A congregation must have cell groups.
- The pastor should establish a personality cult and rule as a dictator.
- A denominational name is a great hindrance to a congregation.
- Whoopee worship is going to please more people than real hymns and Biblical liturgy.
- Replace the Gospel with the idol of success, derived largely through Asian polytheism. Norman Vincent Peal stole this from an occult book and made millions with plagiarism. Schuller stole the same idea and gave his mentor, Peale, credit for it. Cho was even more direct and gave credit to powers of the universe - The Fourth Dimension - waiting to give us everything we demand.
- Plagiarism is good. They throw bricks at the first person, money at the second.
|Mirthless Mark Schroeder has given free-rein|
to Jeske's Church and Changers,
sour eructations from Fuller and Willowcreek.