The story in Numbers, by itself, seems especially strange, until we realize it was the foreshadowing of the crucifixion. In the future, people would view the crucified Messiah as healing, the payment of their sins, and the defeat of Satan, whose head was crushed, according to the Genesis 3:15 Gospel Promise.
When Jesus spoke the truth, even in the face of opposition, people believed in Him, as the Fourth Gospel teaches, time and again.
| In the Gospel of John, believing in Jesus is the work of God,|
the works of Abraham.
Therefore they did set over them taskmasters to afflict them with their burdens. And they built for Pharaoh treasure cities, Pithom and Raamses.
| By Apostoloff - Self-photographed, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=9407059|
|Norma Boeckler - To Abram's Bosom Bear Me Home.|
- Roman Catholic - Grace - just amazing.
- Calvinists - Amazing Grace.
- Babtists - Amazin' Grace.
- Baptists - Change the world with the Social Gospel. We are amazing.
- ELCA - Grace compels us to save the world through political action, and we amaze everyone.
- Pentecostals - Amazing Grace is much better when sung by a rock band - the Spirit told me in a dream.
- WELS - We kick out anyone who questions universal grace and salvation.
- CLC (sic) - Please notice us before we bury the last Pharisee.