Monday, October 14, 2019

Thankful to Many People

 Life can be simpler, but good donuts are much harder to find now.

I keep trying to write this post, but delays come along. I am thankful to God, first of all, for the opposition that placed me where I am today. The best and intangible joys of life came about because the inbred Hategood family in Lutherdom wanted to cause me pain for asking the wrong questions or worse - providing some of the answers. Imagine a dysfunctional alcoholic in WELS and his cousin in the CLC (sic) working together, sharing the same nickname for their Father Below.

The sacrament of shunning in Pietism has relieved me of the burden of fake friends who run when no one pursues. Instead, I have genuine friends who value the heritage of the Reformation. These friends are a jolly bunch, not the pinch-faced Puritans who sound so much like Calvin.

I could have been engulfed by twin horrors - endless editing and PR tasks, magnified by the horrors of crucial meetings, compounded by a constellation of unwritten rules.

 Veteran's Honor Rose - for all our veterans - Ranger Bob, Pete, Gary, Norm.


I enjoy writing, gardening, and getting advice from Sassy the Wonder-Dog. Mrs. Ichabod enjoys hearing the latest before I post an article. She eventually got used to the vitriol as a mark of success - "When you finally die, everyone will be so happy." (Anonymous)

A lot of the work done is a team effort, so we each do our share based on interests, ability, and time available. Frustrations and suggestions turn into books. One person said, "The House Postils should be available." That came after eight volumes of Lenker's Luther Sermons were just finished. Soon Alec Satin, the Lutheran Librarian, had them published with art from Norma A. Boeckler.

I worked with several publishers in the past, and a book project went from finished product to printed book in years, not weeks or months.

I told Pastor Shrader that one of his stories created an ongoing joke. It had to to with honorary degrees being "automatical." We always use that term and evidence suggests its use is growing.

I took computer science, web design, and Photoshop to improve what I could do in publishing. That became the path to teaching in higher education for the last 20 years. Teaching online made it easier to publishing online. A traditional tenured job would have meant being shackled to the university system.

 At age four I discovered that child labor laws were not applied within the family, so I began my career of promoting, making, selling, and eating donuts.