Sunday, September 23, 2007

Matt - Wake Up and
Smell the Kool-Aid


Consider joining WELS?


I guess another thing is what constitutes a "persistent errorist"? I know for a fact that some WELS pastors in Green Bay are persistent errorists by their love for unbiblical contemporary worship and adherence to The Purpose Driven Life and other church growth books. They allow women to read Scripture, perform children's messages during the Divine Service, and serve the elements. They have women "staff ministers." The church in particular that I refer to is St. Mark's, which has a dual parish (one church in Green Bay and the other in DePere). I know also that "percentage-wise" more WELS churches have unbiblical contemporary worship services than LCMS churches. Is it because the WELS has PAPER ORTHODOXY that you are confident to say that it is 100% orthodox and the LCMS 100% heterodox?

You wrote in a post last week (I think) that the WELS takes care of its problems, and that's what makes it different fom Missouri. If this is true, the one responsible for St. Mark's in Green Bay is not doing his job. I guess my point is that not even the WELS is always able to combat false teachings. Should it be that because the WELS does not take care of the problems happening at St. Mark's that you should leave and join the ELS? However, that would be problematic also since the ELS is in fellowship with the WELS.

I hope that you do not take offense at my writing. I in no way mean to cause you to be angry or insulted. As I said before, I respect the WELS and ELS greatly, and I know that you are a very faithful Lutheran believer. I just have some questions about WELS that I would like clarified before I feel 100% cut to the heart that I need to switch synods (something that I am definitely considering by the way).

Any clarification you can give to me, WELS, would be very helpful. Thank you!


***

GJ - This young man is very polite. I am sure some WELS member will post something about the Green Bay Packers, rendering Matt's knowledge of Green Bay null and void.