Friday, September 7, 2007

McCain's Face Defended


Revvin' Rev has left a new comment on your post

"Are They the Same Person?":

What is the point you are trying to make, that Rev. Paul McCain is brilliant?

Just because a person bears a resemblance to someone, doesn't automatically mean the "look a like" shares the same characteristics. Or is that what you are saying?

If I were to say that Rev. Gregory L. Jackson looks like Milton Waddams, does that mean that Ichabod mumbles to himself instead of talking to the people he needs to talk to? No, sharing a resemblance has nothing to do with sharing a person's status, characteristics, or personality.

Stick to the issues, leave the personal attacks in the baptismal font.

***

GJ - If the readers link back to the post, they will see a startling resemblance in the photos of McCain and Karl Rove. I thought that was amusing. Besides, I wanted to try inserting photos.

It is not a personal attack to say McCain looks like Rove, unless someone thinks Rove is unspeakably ugly or evil. Perhaps Rove might think it was a personal attack, but only if he were a Wisconsin Synod pastor.

Every so often I try to add some humor to Ichabod, but people are bound to miss the point. More Revvin' Rev below.

***
Revvin' Rev has left a new comment on your post "Are They the Same Person?":

Pastor Jackson,

Even though I didn't mean to attack you personally, I could have when I hypothetically compared you to Milton Waddams. Though it was meant to prove a point, committing a sin to point out a sin isn't right. Forgive me and remove the last comment.

I plead with you to stop the personal attacks. Stick to what people say and the issues. Who cares what Pastor McCain looks like?