Saturday, December 19, 2009

More Party in the MLS




Ever vigilant, the State of Wisconsin Doctrinal Pussycats (WELS) protect their domain from any incursion of confessional Lutheran doctrine. Well done, thou good and faithful servants of Beelzebub.

Do you remember how the saints of Martin Luther College and Wisconsin Lutheran College pounded me about the first WELS gay video - Party in the MLC?

Apostates of a feather do flock together.

I have no use for the pop music of today, most of it less tuneful than a cat being skinned alive. I am ignorant about the celebrities, unless they have been arrested recently.

Imagine my surprise when I saw the guiding lights of The CORE posing with Katy Perry. I did not know who the young woman was until I found the notation on Ski's page. His security is not very good.

Since Tim Glende locked down his photos and still featured the same young woman on his main page, I decided to do a little more research.

I learned that Katy Perry grew up in a strict Christian home where she was not allowed to listen to pop music. She had a good voice and sang in church, so she tried to make her mark as a Gospel singer. That did not work out, so she became famous for "Ur So Gay" in 2007 and "I Kissed a Girl" in 2008.

"It was that feeling that Katy Perry rode to massive success last year. Her monumental hit ‘I Kissed a Girl’ was without a doubt the song of summer 2008. Released in early may, the single carried through and made the singer a massive star."

The entertainment world loves to watch someone move from a strict Christian household to the joys of wanton diversity. I will let the colleges and seminaries ponder whether they have anything different to offer. They can read the lyrics of both songs by Googling them. They can listen to Miss Perry while oogling her on YouTube.