Sunday, January 3, 2010

St. Peter's in Freedom - Critical of Confessional Lutherans






Pastor Tim Glende is a graduate of the
Floyd Luther Stolzenburg School of Church Shrinkage.


Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Seattle's Mark Driscoll":

"No one at St. Peter or the CORE is criticizing traditional WELS worship or its practices"

That is news to me. I have worshipped at St Peter's. When I was one of you, or shall I say, taking a wait and see attitude to what is now in full bloom, I heard the following comments throughout WELS, not specifically at St. Peters.

More than once and spoken severely and harshly against confessionalism with words like...."dead orthodoxy", "lazy", "institutionalized", "mind numb", "no zeal for the lost" and a host of others that I have heard from laity and pastors in WELS.

You must be kidding.