Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lutheran Bunko Squad To the Rescue.
Saving the World from One Abusive Sect at a Time

Twilight in the Wilderness, by Church


Pastor emeritus Nathan Bickel has left a new comment on your post "Anonymous Defender Is Nauseated":

Ichabod -

I don't judge you for publishing this nasty "stuff." I don't think I would do it. But, that is just me - my thinking at this present time.

Although I can somewhat understand "Luther Bunko's" contention; I don't think he can fully understand yours and appreciate your particular perspective.

It is obvious that Bunko doesn't feel compelled to do the public web work you do. Therefore, he cannot extend any significant understanding on his behalf for your reporting of what already has been made public. And, I suspect that he is one of those many religious goose steppers who will not speak out against any of church hierarchy's shortcomings.

As my mother would quote Shakespeare: [Paraphrase] "The world's a stage and we are all players in it." Somehow me thinks that "Luther Bunko" only cares to play one part.

Nathan M. Bickel

www.thechristianmessage.org
www.moralmatters.org 


***




GJ - The bunko squad on the police force dealt with scams and con men, so I am the Lutheran Bunko Squad. 

I report church-protected criminals because no one else does. 

Not everything reaches the blog's audience. I know of many cases of abuse. People write and phone me. They send legal papers.

One form of abuse is letting a known adulterous pastor into a parish and letting him wreck another congregation. Next, an innocent pastor has to follow and try to repair the damage.

In one recent case, not Lutheran, one minister was in prison for sex abuse of a member. The other one was in treatment for his addictions. I could walk to that congregation from my house.

Silence protects the criminals, but it is far worse than that. The synod officials crush and starve faithful pastors - for being faithful - and promote known deviants. Mrs. I thinks she knows why - they are the same stripe.

I will offer one example. I do not know what happened, and I will not disclose names or locations. One ex-WELS member said, "Thank you for the Hochmuth coverage. I am glad I got my family away from them. You confirmed our decision."

Behavior follows belief - or the lack of belief combined with universal salvation. We are all sinners, but apostasy leads people into degraded and shameful actions. Look at the DPs, for example.