|Names on the governing board are withheld,|
just like the names of the people leading Evangelism Day.
- Student fee increases of 5% were approved for 2015-16, bringing total tuition, room and board charges for full time students to $18,920. A corresponding 5% increase in need based financial assistance was also approved.
- Budgets for fiscal years 2016 ($19.5 million) and 2017 ($20.2 million) were approved. Each year features a synodical operating subsidy of approximately $3.0 million and includes annual wage increases averaging 1.75%. As approved, both years of the biennium are dependent on the use of institutional reserve funds. The first year includes a deficit of about $325,000; the second, about $410,000.
- Two additions to the master site plan were approved:
- A structure with locker rooms and indoor practice space for spring sports at our soccer-baseball complex.
- One or more dormitories in the area of 216 and 224 Summit Avenue (this addition would require the removal of up to three faculty homes) to replace the dorms we tore down to build the new diaper changing center.
- The Evangelism Certificate Program, developed in cooperation with the Committee on Evangelism, was endorsed by the board and subsequently approved by the plenary faculty on October 7. Or we could just send them to Fuller or Willow Creek.
- The Administrative Council was directed to develop a long range strategy for the purchase of properties adjacent to the campus. Such purchases would help to maintain green space on the main campus and provide land that could be used for transitional housing, student housing, parking, etc.
|Official photo of Jeff Schone at the WELS convention,|
modeling his dress for success wardrobe.
|Ah, life is good when|
teen-agers borrow for life to fund your job.
|Change those diapers or DIE!|