Sunday, June 12, 2016

Some People Need To Understand Polemics


I began Ichabod as a polemical blog, for perhaps 20 people. I did not think most people had a capacity to understand or appreciate polemics, but I was wrong. The normal views for a day are about 2,000, but many times they are 5,000, even 6,000.

Polemical blogs are the equivalent of the pamphlet wars of the past. Polemic is a word based on the Greek word for war. When people engage in polemics, the positions are drawn out rather than hidden.

Many FB writers like to call me names, but they do not wish to debate ideas. They seem distressed when their own public words from FB are copied into this blog. How delicious it must be to say anything on a private FaceBook page, all  the fun gone when it appears - with names and links - on a blog.

If an error is made on a post, I can fix it. That has happened before. A few posts have been erased because they were not really doctrinal and the individual requested the favor. One person wanted $35 for her post, so I erased that one.

Opinions are not facts, but I believe there is more pain from the facts than from any of my opinions. Sometimes the information is from background sources - and comes in from all directions and sources.