Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Gideon - On the Shame of the NIV


Judges 6  And Gideon said unto God, If thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said,
37 Behold, I will put a fleece of wool in the floor; and if the dew be on the fleece only, and it be dry upon all the earth beside, then shall I know that thou wilt save Israel by mine hand, as thou hast said.
38 And it was so: for he rose up early on the morrow, and thrust the fleece together, and wringed the dew out of the fleece, a bowl full of water.
39 And Gideon said unto God, Let not thine anger be hot against me, and I will speak but this once: let me prove, I pray thee, but this once with the fleece; let it now be dry only upon the fleece, and upon all the ground let there be dew.
40 And God did so that night: for it was dry upon the fleece only, and there was dew on all the ground.


Pastor,


Dr. Moo - a sacred cow in WELS - promoted the New NIV at Mordor.

I cannot for the life of me see how any God fearing pastor, let lone a WELS professor could defend the NIV which is clearly just a single front in the progressive assault on God's creation.  Certainly they couldn't protest what's going on in Australia, else they would be hypocrites....but then again that never stopped them before!  The articles demonstrate the same sad pronoun tricks.  If one needs to do this they should do that.

God's Word is sacred.  It shouldn't be subjected to this treatment.  Shame on those professors.

Gideon