Friday, October 26, 2007

ELS Tidbits about Church and Change




Friday, October 26, 2007
News from inside the ELS


Posted by Norm Teigen

Yesterday I went to Mankato for the Reformation Lectures Vespers service. The Reformation Lectures at Bethany were started many years ago by my late father, B.W. Teigen. I have not attended the Lectures for several years now but I always try to attend the Vespers.

I was curious about the background story behind the ELS pastor, a friend of mine, who was going to go to the Church and Change meeting. The first that I heard of this was that another ELS pastor had raised the MALA DOCTRINA charge against the pastor and the WELS.

The rest of the story (remember Earl Harvey?) is that the pastor's presentation at the Conference was harmless, but that it was not a time for the ELS to be around a group that is causing problems within the WELS. Let the WELS deal with their own internal problems without the ELS contributing in any way to the situation.

Posted by Norman Teigen at 8:38 AM 0 comments Links to this post