Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Bumper Sticker: The Bad Penny Kelm, Keeps Coming Back to The Love Shack



Paul Kelm, DMin, Our Lady of Sorrows Seminary, formerly known as Concordia, St. Louis


I asked around WELS about Kelm's new call as a parish consultant. Believe it or not, people in the Wisconsin Synod talk to me from time to time.

The Board of Parish Services issued the call to Kelm without the knowledge or the approval of the Synod President, they tell me.

That reveals a lot about the mindset of The Love Shack. Only a dunce would think that the move is good. A huge groundswell of opposition to Gurgel-Mueller led to Mark Schroeder being elected. I knew nothing about this until the convention was over. As one source told me, "Schroeder arrived at the convention already elected. There was also a move to eliminate everyone from The Love Shack at once, regardless of when their terms were up."

The BPS was Wayne Mueller's sandbox before he became First VP. He installed the Church Shrinkers in those positions, as I mentioned in another post - with the education people being removed in favor of Adult Discipleship and Youth Discipleship people. They might as well have worn their Fuller Seminary sweatshirts, as I did in my photo for CN.

So Wayne left office for his first love, the parish, and his BPS friends are now trying to replace him. Like most Church Shrinkers, they are being devious, duplicitous, and divisive.

If the WELS pastors and laity have any guts, they will force the BPS out and get some Lutherans to replace them.

Wisconsin Synod members should expect more showdowns in the future, which are good for the denomination:

KJV 1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

KJV Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.