Friday, March 26, 2010

Gottesdienst


John Berg, Ma Vie en Rose


Gottesdienst sent me their latest issue, mistakenly thinking I subscribed earlier. They want money to send it to me in the future.

I had to wait through a routine appointment at the hospital, so I took it along.

One writer decided that ELCA would start using quotas, now that the 2009 convention voted for Please Ask, Please Tell clergy. ELCA began with quotas in 1987, which shows how timely and discerning the journal is.

I found the entire issue dismal, devoid of Lutheran content, and trying so hard to be cute. My gaydar issued a warning signal, but I thought, "Impossible. Gays are actually clever and creative."

Gottesdienst
absorbed the Berg brothers' earlier effort, which they tried to sell over the Net.

The alleged Lutheran answer to the Church Growth Movement of Norm Berg is priest-craft. That is why so many Lutheran clergy flip over to Rome or Constantinople. After working with Paul McCain, MDiv, on a worship book, LCMS Pastor Fenton crossed over to Eastern Orthodoxy, denouncing Lutheran doctrine.

That upset McCain, who has no doctrinal position.